RESOURCE FOR FACEBOOK
Need help getting started with that? Check out this resource: www.statestats.org/facebook-beginners-guide-101/
HOMESCHOOL CURRICULUM, EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES, AND SUPPORT WEB SITES
ABC Teach. 2004. 25 Jan. 2006. <http://www.abcteach.com/>.
A Beka Books. 2004. 25 Jan. 2006. <http://www.abeka.com/>.
Access Pennsylvania Power Library Popular Citation Styles
Easy Fun School . 2002. 25 Jan. 2006. <http://www.easyfunschool.com/>.
Enchanted Learning. 25 Jan. 2006.
Hernandez, Beverly . Homeschool 101 – Information for Getting Started. 2006. 25 Jan. 2006. <http://homeschooling.about.com>
Home School Legal Defense Association. HSLDA. 2006. 25 Jan. 2006.
Home School Super Center. 25 Jan. 2006. <http://homeschoolsupercenter.com/>.
Home EDucators Resource Directory. 26 April 2010. http://www.homeeddirectory.com/
Comprehensive Resources for the Home Educator Home Life. Homeschool World. 2006. 25 Jan. 2006. http://www.home-school.com
Kinderart. 2003. 25 Jan. 2006. <http://www.kinderart.com/>.
Learning Things. 2004. 25 Jan. 2006. <http://www.learningthings.com/articles/>
Math U See. 2004. 25 Jan. 2006. <http://www.mathusee.com/>
Moriarty, Rosi. Home Schooling R Us. 2006. 25 Jan. 2006.
Owl and Mouse Educational Software. 2004. 25 Jan. 2006. <http://www.yourchildlearns.com/owlmouse.htm>.
Pennsylvania Homeschoolers. 21 Feb. 2008. www.pahomeschoolers.com
R.O.C.K. Solid Inc. Home School Curriculum. 2003. 25 Jan. 2006. <http://www.rocksolidinc.com>.
Quizlet. 26 September 2012.
The World Learns on Quizlet: We make simple tools that let you study anything, for free. http://quizlet.com/
Saxon Math (Saxon Home School). 19 Feb. 2008.
Shemitz, Jon. Jon’s Homeschool Resources. 2006. 25 Jan. 2006. http://www.midnightbeach.com/hs/
Teacher Created Materials. 2004. 25 Jan. 2006. <http://www.teachercreated.com/>.
The Best Kids Book Site. 25 Jan. 2006. <http://www.thebestkidsbooksite.com/>.
The Christian Homeschool Association of Pennsylvania. 20 Feb. 2008.
We subscribe to Ancestry.com Library Edition with Northeast Library District funds, available on any Library computer for free.
· The Scranton Times: microfilm from October 4, 1895-July 15, 1990 (current year held in paper)
· The Abington Journal in print, 1980-present
· The Abington Suburban in print, 1988-present.
· Almost 200 items located conveniently in our new Local History of the Abingtons area near DVDs including: Abington Heights High School Year Books; The Cliffs; Clarks Summit: a narrative by Helen R. Villaume; The Early History of Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania by David M. Singer; The History of the Abingtons by William P. Lewis; The History and Directory of Newton and Ransom Townships 1754-1912 by J.B. Stephens; The History of Dalton by Norm Brauer; Minutes of the Abington Baptist Association, 1819-1933 (incomplete run); and numerous oral histories.
· To see all of our local history holdings go to our Library Catalog, click on Power Search; library: chose "Abington Community Library"; location: chose "Local History", click "Search". Nearly 200 titles are available for your perusal.
· Do you have something to donate to our collection? See the Director.
RECYCLE IT @ THE LIBRARY